Tuesday 11 May 2010

Iron Man Mark 6 Diamond Select Review


Well bit of a break from 1/6 scale again. I saw these the other day in a local Forbidden Planet store. Recently I've been tempted by smaller scale figures and I'm pleased I went for this one. This is Diamond Selects Iron Man Mark VI from the movie Iron Man 2. He stands approx 7" and is actually pretty good.


So to get things started I thought I'd mention the flight wings on his back, pretty simple but a nice feature that could easily have been missed off. The articulation works ok, though his legs are pretty bad and only have a very small range of movement. Seems they sculpted the figure without thinking about his hips. The little fins block most movement tsk.


Overall the quality of the plastic is pretty good and he really feels heavy and sturdy. The paint work looks great and really rich, though I have to say that the paint is easily chipped.
Also worth mentioning is, how come the eyes aren't painted? its not just mine, all of them in the store were the same.....


A nice feature is that his helmet is removable and can sit on the top of his head. He also comes with an alternative set of palms which has his fingers spread. These hands make for some cool poses and work well, the hands being ball jointed can strike a wide range of poses. He also comes with a large diorama style stand that is pretty good actually. and adds to the overall look of the figure.


Of course for a £14 figure I couldn't expect much from the face sculpt, it's ok but can't help think he looks a bit oriental heh, seems to always happen with Robert Downey Jr toys, random.


Although not massive, he stands pretty imposingly over Mcfarlane's Master Cheif.


Wor Fred wishing his jumper was such a bonnie shade.


Iron Man, about to bust out some tap dancin moves.


For an Iron Man fan I'd recommend it, it makes a nice little piece just standing on its own and doesn't feel too toyish. (yeah I know it's totally a toy but hey I'll never be too old for toys!)
I've also picked up Diamond Selects War Machine, Keep an eye out for some pictures soon.

2 comments:

  1. Cool...he actually has better paint than that abysmal Mrk IV....LOL! I may get this one too. Is he a Walmart/Target exlusive btw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked him up at a local collectors shop, so no. He's sort of part of the Marvel Legends line up (at least has very similar packaging)

    ReplyDelete